just ten bbc three shows that are really bloody relevant to our generation:
- the coming out diaries: ‘the coming out diaries’ aired in 2012, and followed the day to day lives of three lgbtq+ teenagers - 17 year old natalie (a trans woman) 17 year old tori (a lesbian) and 19 year old jamie (a trans man).
- extreme south africa: ‘extreme south africa’ has just finished airing, and aimed to convey the lives of three different communities in south africa.
- failed by the nhs: ‘failed by the nhs’ aired in 2013, with the intention of investigating why so many young people with mental illnesses were failing to get the right treatment from the nhs
- free speech: ‘free speech’ is a live debate/discussion show specifically aimed at those aged 18-30, with an integral social media element so everyone and anyone can be involved. discussion topics have included “online porn, terrorism, immigration, benefits, the [London] riots and underage sex.”
- growing up down’s: ‘growing up down’s’ just aired and is a documentary following a group of teenagers with down’s syndrome, who are creating a touring production of ‘hamlet’.
- is football racist?: ’is football racist?’ aired following numerous incidents in the premier league and set out to find out how far football has really progressed over the last few decades.
- is oral sex safe?: ‘is oral sex safe’ aired in 2011 and was designed to educate and inform a young audience - who probably hadn’t learnt at school - about safe sex, and the dangers you can face.
- small teen, big world: ‘small teen, big world’ aired in 2010 and followed 16 year old young carer jas for a year who, along with her mother, lives with a rare, undiagnosed form of dwarfism.
- the truth about tanning: ‘the truth about tanning’ aired in 2010 and explores tanning ‘culture’ and peer presure, particularly in relation to young women/teenagers and their body image, as well as the health risks included.
- underage and pregnant: ‘underage and pregnant’ first aired in 2009, and followed the lives of young families, exploring the effects on school, work, family and relationships when having a child when underage, as well as effects such as post-natal depression.
How to rock period costumes, expert level.
Andrew talking about the “costumes” on The Stag x
digitaldrawing of Lee Pace He is such a talented and beautiful actor and i got inspired to draw him
Meryl Streep on working with Chris and Liam Hemsworth